Re: Release update: base and standard frozen

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 06:55:01PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Petter Reinholdtsen]
> > Well, one can do something about the build ordering.  Packages which
> > many packages build-depending on them should be given priority.  And
> > packages could be sorted in build-depend order, to avoid trying to
> > build package foo before it's build-dependency libbar only to see it
> > fail.
>
> [Wouter Verhelst]
> > That is already done, for as much as is possible with the current state
> > of things. Don't expect stuff to magically be fixed when there's little
> > time...
>
> Ah, very good.  It must be a new feature since the last time I knew
> how this worked.  :)

Well, not really. With the current state of things, not much is
possible; but the packages /are/ sorted more-or-less in build-depend
order -- libraries are built first, standard and base are, too.

> Is it also looking at the time since the upload,

No.

> or can low-priority packages "starve"?

Yes.

http://people.debian.org/~wouter/wanna-build-states