Re: arm buildd

On 2004-08-06 Thomas Schmidt <thomas.schmidt@in.stud.tu-ilmenau.de> wrote:
> * Andreas Metzler schrieb am 06.08.04, um 08:47 Uhr:
> > A "simple upload" will uselessly trigger a rebuild on *all*
> > architectures,  including e.g. the alpha buildd that has a backlog
> > of about a week.

> Just one week?

This was not clear enough. With one week I meant, that it would need a
week to build the packages currently waiting if no new ones were added
and not that it any given package was built after a week. (And
obviously I have just guessed this and not ran any numbers.)

> This may apply to packages with Prority: optional, but
> i maintain a package (vdr), which was uploaded 29 !!! days ago, and it
> is still not build on alpha, and because of this it does not enter
> testing.
[...]

Steve Langasek has been building packages manually that were only
waiting for the alpha build ever since the fast alpha buildd died. You
might consider contacting him or ask on debian-alpha for somebody else
to make porter upload.
              cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"