Re: miscfiles NMU?

Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> writes:

> No. Just for the record (not speaking about appropriateness of this
> NMU): It tells that it's normally only accepted for RC-bugs. But
> neither is the d-r normative not means "accepted" the same as allowed.
> I have done NMUs for bugs with lower importance (IIRC even down to
> wishlist), and will do so again in future - if I consider it
> appropriate.

Certainly it's fine to ask the maintainer if an NMU is appropriate in
such cases; as also when people on vacation say to NMU if needed.
Likewise, I have been grateful for people who suggested doing an NMU
for non-RC bugs when I was too swamped to do deal with something
myself.

In all those cases, the asking prevents problems!