PROPOSAL: Communication to solve the dispute. (was: -= PROPOSAL =- Release sarge with amd64)

I propose an amendment to this GR proposal. The text is completely replaced
by:

The Debian project hereby resolves:

  - That the developers in charge for adding the architecture identified by
    dpkg as "amd64", hereinafter "amd64", to the "unstable" archive, should
    explain publicly (via debian-devel-announce@lists.debian.org) the problems
    which delay this action.

  - That the developers working on the "amd64" port should be invited to
    friendly cooperate in solving all of these problems.

  - That failure to accomplish the above rules implies any existant problems
    shall be ignored and hence "amd64" added to the "unstable" archive without
    further delay.

  - That success in accomplishing the above rules has no implication with
    regard to inclussion of the "amd64" architecture in a stable release.

Rationale:

  - Taking technical decisions through voting is not generaly a good idea.
  - We're facing a communication problem, so the solution is to ease
    communication between the affected parties.
  - Deciding wether the port is ready for sarge is beyond the scope of this
    problem.

--
Robert Millan

(Debra and Ian) (Gnu's Not (UNiplexed Information and Computing System))/\
(kernel of *(Berkeley Software Distribution))