Re: amd64 and sarge

> As is abundantly clear Debian will not be supporting 32/64 until Sarge+1
> so this isn't really up for discussion.

I fully agree. But the question is: when will we release r1 (and possibly r2 if we migrate to "stable amd64" in r1 and "stable multiarch amd64" in r2) ? Biarch was maybe simpler (or maybe not).

> I have personally ran Linux servers for years at work and never needed any
> commercial software to do it.

Again, administrators are generally reluctant to migrate to a full 64-bit arch in one step. But in other hand I suppose it's okay to wait for r1 (or r2). The main question is will r2 show up in less than 2 years ?