Re: amd64 and sarge
Hi, Xavier Roche wrote:
> because letting a potentially broken, uncomplete (64-bit only) dist for
> a year or two is not very suitable for many users
I would assume that releasing amd64 not at all would not be suitable for
many Debian users either. Switching amd64 to 32/64 isn't an option for
Sarge.0, and I don't think it'd be an option for Sarge.1 either if we
decide to upgrade amd64 support in a point release.
Let's face it, there is not going to be any 32/64 (i.e. bi-arch) Debian
64-bit-only is either gonig to be in Sargs some day or it isn't, and
sarge+1 will have multiarch.
(At least that's the way the situation looks like to me. If you have
better information, speak up.)
So please quit bitching about it. You're not going to accomplish anything.