Re: SPF - exim4 + debian.org

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 11:51:40AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Hamish Moffatt (hamish@debian.org) wrote:
> > I think that's a good argument not to change it again. The only argument
> > I've seen against "Debian-exim" is that it's "ugly".
>
> And causes problems for scripts people run, general expectations, and
> the fact that pretty much everyone but the exim maintainers would prefer
> 'exim', which would be in-line with every other package that uses a
> username in Debian, near as I can tell.
>
> Sorry, the argument doesn't go both ways- there *are* problems w/
> a username of 'Debian-exim', the many bugs you see filed about it bear
> this out.  Are there bugs filed the other way?  Do you have some
> justification for beliveing their would be?

No; we don't usually file bug reports to say that everything is OK!
As Marc has said, the chief technical complaints are ls (fixed) and ps.
Where are the bugs with the other technical complaints?

Also, how often do you have to interact with the Debian-exim user
anyway? I don't remember ever having to do a 'chown exim ...' so I don't
know why I would start now.

Hamish