Re: SPF - exim4 + debian.org

* Hamish Moffatt (hamish@debian.org) wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 09:06:37AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > It seems to me that a problem is being invented so that it can be
> > 'fixed'.  The problem doesn't exist and 'fixing' it just makes things
> > ugly for no reason.
>
> I think that's a good argument not to change it again. The only argument
> I've seen against "Debian-exim" is that it's "ugly".

And causes problems for scripts people run, general expectations, and
the fact that pretty much everyone but the exim maintainers would prefer
'exim', which would be in-line with every other package that uses a
username in Debian, near as I can tell.

Sorry, the argument doesn't go both ways- there *are* problems w/
a username of 'Debian-exim', the many bugs you see filed about it bear
this out.  Are there bugs filed the other way?  Do you have some
justification for beliveing their would be?

	Stephen