Re: libtiff3g -> libtiff4 coming up (mass bug filing)
On 2004-07-25 Jay Berkenbilt <email@example.com> wrote:
> > * Jay Berkenbilt (firstname.lastname@example.org) [040725 18:40]:
> > > This will create an annoying situation of several
> > > packages becoming temporarily uninstallable and unable to be built
> > > from source. To help get this resolved, a severity serious,
> > > justification FTBFS bug will be posted shortly against any package
> > > that still has a dependency on libtiff3g or libtiff3g-dev.
> > Please give some time between the change of the package name and the
> > filing of bugs, so that quick maintainers can handle this themselfs.
> How much time do you think would be appropriate? I have sent out
> messages to email@example.com today (though I haven't
> yet seen the one for the packages I subscribe to, so I wonder whether
> I did something wrong; I'm still looking into this). Given this, do
> you think four days is sufficient waiting time, or should I wait
> through a weekend?
Four days is more than long enough imho. It is not like filing of of
bugs is an expensive resource.