[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: libtiff3g -> libtiff4 coming up (mass bug filing)

>   * Jay Berkenbilt (ejb@ql.org) [040725 18:40]:
>   > This will create an annoying situation of several
>   > packages becoming temporarily uninstallable and unable to be built
>   > from source.  To help get this resolved, a severity serious,
>   > justification FTBFS bug will be posted shortly against any package
>   > that still has a dependency on libtiff3g or libtiff3g-dev.
>   Please give some time between the change of the package name and the
>   filing of bugs, so that quick maintainers can handle this themselfs.

How much time do you think would be appropriate?  I have sent out
messages to sourcepackage@packages.debian.org today (though I haven't
yet seen the one for the packages I subscribe to, so I wonder whether
I did something wrong; I'm still looking into this).  Given this, do
you think four days is sufficient waiting time, or should I wait
through a weekend?  I'm presuming that the packages will be uploaded
on Monday.


Reply to: