Re: Free non-software stuff and what does it mean. [was Re: General Resolution: Force AMD64 into Sarge]

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 08:58:17PM -0500, Adam Majer wrote:
> My entire point here is that,
> 1. You don't need a .wav "source" for an .ogg "binary"
> 2. You don't need upstream pic "source" for the {png, jpeg, etc.} "binary"
> 3. You don't need some native font format if we have the "binaries"

And I can think of good reasons why I would need all of these
things. How many times do we have to go through this?

> The reason for this is that both are almost identical.

...since fairly often they aren't.

Again, this argument applies equally to programs. We need source for
all the same reasons.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |