Re: General Resolution: Force AMD64 into Sarge

#include <hallo.h>
* Steve Langasek [Thu, Jul 22 2004, 06:16:58PM]:

> > obviously though, we would have to make that commitment. I would not
> > want to hear in 4-6 months that we are not ready.
>
> I don't think 4-6 months is realistic for sarge+1.  While everyone does

I don't think that accepting the things how they currently are is a good
strategy. I think we should simply freeze Unstable 2 months before the
targeted date if Testing is not mature enough at this time. This would
give developers enough motivation to fix the real bugs, IMO.

> 1 year for sarge+1 seems more likely, with a goal of 9-month cycles
> after that.  Considering how long it took the tool chain to stabilize
> again after woody's release, I don't think it's a good idea to bet on
> *ever* hitting 6-months for release, and I don't think everyone even
> agrees that this is desirable.

Ehm. 1 year is already too long, so no, not everyone agrees.

Regards,
Eduard.
--
<Brainbug> also: alles läuft auf EINE Frage hinaus... Was ist "localhost" und wie kann ich daran was ändern?
<Brainbug> irgendwie komm ich da ja wohl nicht dran