On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 11:43:02PM +0200, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> > 	If the sponsors really believe this, they are displaying a
> >  deplorable error in judgement.  I would consider this an abuse of
> >  the constitutional processes, and acting in bad faith.
>
> I seconded the proposal, and I still would like it to proceed. IMO, it
> would be a mistake to release sarge without amd64 support, even if that
> would mean delaying the release for a while.

I think this is wrong-headed.

A lot of people are saying how bad it would be to release sarge without
amd64, becuase then we wouldn't have an amd64 release for x years.
True, that is bad.

The problem is our release process, not amd64.  We should fix the
problem and not the symptom.

Besides, amd64 has not even been in sid at all yet.  It needs to have a
wider testing audience before becoming an official released port.

I believe amd64 should be in sid now, and as an amd64 user, I completely
support that.

I think that going into sarge is jumping the gun and can only serve to
hurt an already much-delayed, complicated release process.

-- John