On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 02:49:36AM +0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> I have already cited it in this discussion.  2.1:1:
>
> "Nothing in this constitution imposes an obligation on anyone to do
> work for the Project. A person who does not want to do a task which
> has been delegated or assigned to them does not need to do it.
> However, they must not actively work against these rules and decisions
> properly made under them."
>
> I direct your attention to the first sentence of that quote.

Perhaps that section of the Constitution should be modified, then.

At the very least, a person who does not wish to perform a task should be
required to notify the people who are requesting the task that they are
refusing to do it.

If they simply do not reply to repeated requests, then they are, IMHO,
actively (passive-aggressively) working against the rules.  They're also
breaking the social contract which states that we won't hide problems.

Also, even though passive-aggression may not be specifically prohibited by
the Debian constitution, it certainly is not encouraged by the constitution
and should not be generally endorsed as the right way of doing things.
People who act in such a manner should be chastised for doing so, not
defended.

--Adam
--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>