Re: AMD64 for sarge [Re: <rant> Package: ftpmasters, Severity: serious, ...]

    Stephen> * Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader
    Stephen> (leader@debian.org) wrote:
    >> - Some technical AMD64 questions: ftpmaster had some specific
    >> questions about the AMD64 port they want to see answered.
    >> Also, an LSB person recently expressed some technical concerns
    >> (see [1]).

    Stephen> We'd love to hear these questions so that we can answer
    Stephen> them.  The LSB issue was answered on debian-amd64
    Stephen> already.

Would you mind explaining what the ia32-compatibility story will be
for Debian amd64 both now and in the long run?  I.E. what can I expect
to work today?  In the long run when you have dpkg-multiarch and
everything else you want, how will it work?  How will things interact
with other distributions?