Re: [RANT] French translation for debconf templates stucked at 90% : analysis

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote:

> Frank Küster writes:
>> It might turn out that in the long run, the formal form disappears in
>> many "modes" of speech.
>
> In English the familiar form has disappeared from common speech (except
> for a few small groups).

Off topic - but what was the familiar form? I always thought that "you"
was the familiar form, while "Thee"/"Thou" is the old-fashioned, formal
one ("Thy kingdom come, thy will be done..." (Lord's Prayer) or "Shall I
compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more
temperate..." (Shakespeare, Sonnet 18)).

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie