Re: What your ballot should look like if you're in favor of releasing sarge

Josip Rodin <joy@srce.hr> schrieb:

> On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 03:24:49PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
>> > It's simply a fact that the DFSG allows these licenses even though
>> > there are things in them people in Debian weren't particularly happy
>> > with. These precedents beg the question, why isn't treating the
>> > deficiencies of the new licenses the same way one of the first
>> > things on our agenda
>>
>> For some reason, I can't quite parse the last part of your sentence.
>
> Hmm, to rephrase the last part, why doesn't our agenda include treating the
> deficiencies of the new licenses in the same manner (with exceptions) as one
> of the first items? Anyway.

>From a practical point of view, the requirement for a new name is by far
less problematic than the flaws of the GFDL.

By the way, we are discussing with them, we do have a committee for
that, we are waiting for there (again delayed!) response. But I cannot
see how an exception with only minor practical implications could
resolve any of the major problems with the GFDL.

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie