Re: What your ballot should look like if you're in favor of releasing sarge

On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 03:55:00PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:

> > > I don't believe we have any.

> > > What about it? I don't recall any issues with that.
> >
> > DFSG clause 4:
> > | (This is a compromise. The Debian group encourages all authors not to
> > | restrict any files, source or binary, from being modified.
[and mention of BSD in section 10]

> I don't see the issue with this...

There is none. It's simply a fact that the DFSG allows these licenses even
though there are things in them people in Debian weren't particularly happy
with. These precedents beg the question, why isn't treating the deficiencies
of the new licenses the same way one of the first things on our agenda
(rather than a re-interpretation of editorial changes to the SC that
kills 'em all).

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.