Re: What your ballot should look like if you're in favor of releasing sarge

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 05:39:22AM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> > Why did we instead vote on seemingly innocent editorial
> > changes that ended up implying a myriad of other things that turned out to
>                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^
> one

It was one change, but according to the new interpretation it implied that
several classes of data (documents, fonts, firmware?) are to be treated
differently.

> Because it was easy and non-controversial and, like you said, nobody
> expected the release manager to be using such a fucked up
> interpretation of the old SC to justify the old release policy.

Actually I expected a similar interpretation to justify the new release
policy...

> Really, trying to blame anybody but the one person who knew in advance
> is ridiculous.

Surely someone had some suspicions? I guess it's possible that only aj did,
but then it sounds weird to me that the release manager's ideas of
interpreting the SC match the ideas of 0 other developers. *sigh*

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.