Re: What your ballot should look like if you're in favor of releasing sarge

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 09:50:30PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> So there's now an option in the license of texinfo docs that would allow
> their copyright holders to spread vile anti-man(7) propaganda as part of
> the docs and force everyone else to do so too. That's a problematic option,
> but given that nobody's actually doing any such thing, is it problematic
> enough to kick out the whole thing? I really am not convinced.
>
> (Ignoring the DRM issue for the sake of the analogy.)

It took months of careful analysis of the consequences for -legal to
become convinced that the GFDL was no good. The issues that you are
ignoring played a not-insignificant part in that. Don't expect to be
convinced by mild examples like the one you describe; they are fairly
minor symptoms, not descriptions of the problem.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |