Re: Problem with dependency handling in debian (driving me crazy!)

[..]
> The thing is: I have to leave some MTA installed in order to install my
> own, just to make sure other packages doesn't break as well (if I remove
> all the MTAs in order to install my own from source, there are other
> packages wich would break, so, I have to leave at least one installed).
Maybe you should just "--remove" the other MTAs? "--remove" is for
letting the configuration files there, but not the program and
libraries, as they are easily installed back. If the installation back
does not go well, it's a bug, and it should be reported.
If you want the configuration files to go away along with the package,
use "--purge" instead.

[..]

Hope it helped.
--