Re: odd messages on d-devel

    Wouter> On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 03:54:39AM +1000, Pascal Hakim wrote:
    >> Ideally we'd remove that stuff from our archives, but I'm
    >> unwilling to do so if it means that URLs to messages in our mail
    >> archive changes.

    Wouter> Does it? If so, that would sound like a bug in the used
    Wouter> archive software to me. No?

I suspect deleting stuff generally requires rebuilding the archive
from scratch, which means the messages are renumbered in the archive.

Not sure how this could be done differently, you need someway of
identifying if a particular source message is the same as a given HTML
message.

Maybe message-id could be used, first you need to strip duplicate
messages containing the same message-id though (eg. if same message
posted multiple times), these are probably unwanted anyway (unless you
want to track the Received lines).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>