Re: Non-Free

  This is just a guess, but it sounds like you might be trying to load a
binary module on an incompatible kernel version.  Usually this results
in a lot of messages about undefined symbols, and then something like:

  Hint: You are trying to load a module without a GPL compatible license
        and it has unresolved symbols.  The module may be trying to access
        GPLONLY symbols but the problem is more likely to be a coding or
        user error.  Contact the module supplier for assistance, only they
        can help you.

  First of all, Debian has nothing to do with this message -- it's put
there by the authors of Linux [0].  What it is saying is simply the truth:
the module needs to be modified and/or recompiled for the kernel version
you're trying to use, and since your hardware manufacturer refuses to
provide source code for their driver, they are the only people who can
help you.

  If you're trying to install woody, it might be that your module is
compiled for a 2.4 kernel (the default woody kernel is a 2.2 series
kernel).  You could try typing "bf24" at the "boot:" prompt to boot a
less antique kernel.

  Of course, my wild guess about what your problem is could be
completely wrong :)

  Daniel

  [0] more accurately, the authors of modutils, but that program is very
      closely tied to the Linux kernel.

|            Whoever created the human body left in a fairly basic            |
|            design flaw.  It has a tendency to bend at the knees.            |
|              -- Terry Pratchett, _Men at Arms_                              |
\------------- Got APT? -- Debian GNU/Linux http://www.debian.org ------------/