Re: Request for help with CinePaint & Libtool RC bug (#244150)

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 02:21:16AM +1000, Andrew Lau wrote:
> On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 11:06:05AM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > I've just done the 'libtoolize -f -c; aclocal; automake; autoconf'
> > dance on cinepaint, and it updated reasonably cleanly and is currently
> > building here (not on arm, but using a recent enough libtool that
> > should work on arm) with no signs of distress.

> If your source has this bug, it'll only manifest itself on ARM during
> the ./configure stage where you'll see

> 	"checking how to recognise dependent libraries... file_magic ELF
> 	[0-9][0-9]*-bit [LM]SB (shared object|dynamic lib )"

> instead of

> 	checking how to recognise dependent libraries... pass_all

> It'd save us a hell of a lot of pain if we could test this without
> access to an ARM machine. I personally haven't heard of a solution; I
> guess parsing all the automake macros without an ARM version of libtool
> is too painful.

The package is being built using the known-good Debian libtool 1.5.6-1.
Upgrading to this version of libtool is highly recommended anyway to
avoid transitive library dependencies in one's binaries.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer