Re: Definition of COUNTRY

Christian Perrier writes:
> If the user thinks "hey, I am American, thus I choose "English
> (USA)"....bingo..:-)

Right.  He thinks he is choosing English as spoken in the USA, not English
as his language and USA as his area.

> However, the mixed choices for very common choices saves users one
> screen.

But does not necessarily make things simpler for them.  If you are going to
stick with the present system I think you need to somehow make it clear
that in choosing 'English (USA)' the user is selecting the English language
and the USA area.

Would it be feasible to sort the area choice based on initial language
choice?  Put Great Britain, Australia, Canada, and USA at the top of the
list if the user chooses English?
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)