Re: What to do with unresponsive maintainers?

Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@compsoc.dur.ac.uk> writes:

> On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 05:34:04PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>
>> On the other hand a bug count on your package will be seen as badly
>> maintained during the NM process. So I can see why someone wants to
>> close all bugs he can do nothing about or not even reproduce.
>
> If this is true, the NM process needs fixing, not other bugs hiding.
>
> --
> Jon Dowland
> http://jon.dowland.name/

What it needs is more feedback and discussions after the AM stage. I
can only tell from personal experience so this is from a sample of 1.

At the AM stage everything was perfectly fine. No doubts, no problems,
nothing. And then *WAM* rejected. Several issues raised by the DAM
should have put me back into T&S or P&P or should have beend discussed
directly so they could be resolved.

This way the DAM thinks he is right, I think I am and nothing will
have changed when i reapply next year.

MfG
        Goswin