Re: What to do with unresponsive maintainers?

* Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de> [2004-05-02 17:35]:
> In the case of timidity, parted1.6, ckermit I get no response at all
> from the maintainer. The bugs are open for 100+ days now, with no
> reaction whatsoever. The maintainers also don't react on private email.

ckermit is indeed orphaned (see #143649).  Ian Beckwith
<ianb@nessie.mcc.ac.uk> said in December that he'd adopt the package
but hasn't done so (yet?).

As to timidity and parted1.6: timidity has been adopted from an
inactive maintainer a few months ago and while the current maintainer
certainly works on the package he is fairly busy.  So help is
certainly welcome there.  parted1.6 has a fairly busy maintainer, too,
but a second person got involved recently.  Similarly, it would help
here if you would go through the bug listing, reproduce bugs, attach
patches.

> In the case of mga-vid-source  I get no response at all from the
> maintainer, although a NMU fixed the problem.

The maintainer of these packages is in New Maintainer, and he been put
on hold.  Let's CC his Application Manager.
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com