Re: Re: "Social Contract GR's Affect on sarge" or "Debian commits suicide"

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 02:08:35PM -0400, Clint Adams wrote:
> AJ> Or, wait, was that an attempt to contribute to the conversation, or just
> AJ> an excuse to insult me?
>
> That was an attempt to say that people shouldn't be thrown out of Debian
> just because they routinely spout invectives.  If cannot infer whether
> or not you feel insulted to be characterized as such.

I looked at that thread, and I'm not surprised that AJ felt insulted.

Nathanael went way beyond that.  Find me a message where AJ calls someone
a "nut", "deluded", "hypocrite", and included a veiled accusation of
"deliberate sabotage", and that *after* people asked him to tone it down.

Oh, and it appears that you want to add "senility".

It's starting to wear thin.  See http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/blog .

> Furthermore, it is ludicrous to try and mandate sycophancy toward a DPL
> delegate, regardless of whether or not that delegate makes such claims as
> that bugs that were release-critical because they violated the old Social
> Contract can no longer be ignored because of the new Social Contract.

If you can't tell the difference between syncophancy and refraining from
attacking the character of those you disagree with in the most bitter of
terms, I'm glad I don't have to work with you.