Re: Re: "Social Contract GR's Affect on sarge" or "Debian commits suicide"

I wrote:

and they don't treat their key volunteers well.  I would recommend that
Debian require a standard of civility in its DDs; if it doesn't, the

Clint Adams writes:

Then we'd need to find a new RM.

Clint, I'm on the GCC steering committee, and sometime between 2.95.2 and 3.0,
we lost our RM.  It was burnout, brought on from overwork and abuse.  For a while,
we were really worried that we wouldn't be able to do another GCC release, period;
we started looking around for funding to pay someone to take on the thankless task.
Fortunately, Mark Mitchell agreed to take it on after months of searching.

You really don't get it, do you?  RMs don't grow on trees.  If you drive AJ away
with continued insults, how the hell do you think you'll get a release out?  Do
you think that a new guy will just jump in so you can insult him too?  Are you
volunteering?

When I talk about incivility, I'm not talking about expressing strong opinions.
I'm talking about turning everything into personal insults.  AJ has bent over
backwards to do the reverse, trying to steer disagreements back to the subject
at hand, while his opponents make subject lines like "Why Anthony Towns is Wrong".