On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 04:57:58AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:

Hi Nathanael,

I see you citing this sentence over and over again, maybe you
can answer my question.

> ... "Debian will remain 100% Free Software" ...

I'm no native english speaker so I might miss some hidden meaning of
"remain".  For me this sentence only makes sense if Debian ever
released 100% Free Software, has this ever been true?

To make things clear: I strongly support aiming at "100% free", voted
for dropping non-free and already removed FDL documentation from neon.

With the number of corporate users planning to switch away from Debian
because of outdated packages, ATM my primary concern is to get sarge
out as soon as possible.  If this can only be done by moving DFSG
violating stuff out of main, remove it but release RSN.

Thanks
 . Siggy