Re: The new Social Contract and releasing Sarge

Frank Küster wrote:

> The point is that many people expected that such action would
>
> - lower our chances for an agreement with the FSF
Current assessment seems to be that it's the opposite; lack of such action
has led the FSF to ignore Debian.

> - worsen the relationship between individual package maintainers and
>   upstream.
Even when upstream is FSF-owned, this probably won't happen.  Requesting
licensing changes from upstream before removing packages is always good
practice, of course.