Re: "Social Contract GR's Affect on sarge" or "Debian commits suicide"

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 06:29:47PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> was heard to say:
> Exactly. The ballot has to provide enough data to make that possible
> (which it didn't).

  I thought it was reasonably clear.  The full text of the new SC was
included in the ballot, and the first thing I noticed when lining up the
old and new SCs side-by-side is that the word "software" has been deleted
or replaced by "work" everywhere it occurs.

  I do think the title of the ballot was disingenuous, but it's clear
what the purpose of the text is, and there's simply no excuse IMO for
not reading the text of something you're voting (or not :) ) on.  Even
if no-one is writing intentionally misleading ballot titles, the title
could still be unintentionally inaccurate or incomplete.

  Daniel

--
/------------------ Daniel Burrows <d.burrows4@verizon.net> ------------------\
|                If we do not change our direction                            |