On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 03:43:10PM -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 11:30:40PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > Erm ... it says "open for public view". You can certainly view the
> > database using the web interface, which as far as I can think of right
> > now exposes every part of the bug report database (even if not in the
> > optimal way). It's not relevant that the raw data in the spool isn't
> > accessible by the world outside the developer population.
>
> The text literally requires that the _database_ (not only the _data_) be
> open for public view.

Viewing a database is normally understood to mean viewing it through its
exposed interface. If presented with a MySQL database, I would not
consider the fact that I don't know how to read the binary database
format to impair me from viewing it.

> Besides which, the last time I was able to view it,

You still can. There are mirrors on master (deprecated) and merkel, as
publicized on debian-devel-announce.

> there was some data in the spool which was not accessible via the web
> interface (files which had been renamed and the like).

I don't know of anything which isn't just an implementation detail of
debbugs, as opposed to data viewable in no other way. If you do, please
elaborate.

Cheers,