On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 03:24:31PM -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 10:48:50PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:
> > > 	We have ,often, failed to follow the social contract in the
> > >  past, though this was the first wilful violation I recall.
> >
> > Non-communication of security bugs (and the supporting infrastructure)
> > is at the border of a SC violation, too.
>
> This is your interpretation, but as I have stated previously, I completely
> disagree with it.  That entire paragraph is broken (taking spohr off-line,
> or restricting access to the debbugs spool [oops], would be a "violation")

Erm ... it says "open for public view". You can certainly view the
database using the web interface, which as far as I can think of right
now exposes every part of the bug report database (even if not in the
optimal way). It's not relevant that the raw data in the spool isn't
accessible by the world outside the developer population.