On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 10:48:50PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:

> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:
>
> > 	We have ,often, failed to follow the social contract in the
> >  past, though this was the first wilful violation I recall.
>
> Non-communication of security bugs (and the supporting infrastructure)
> is at the border of a SC violation, too.

This is your interpretation, but as I have stated previously, I completely
disagree with it.  That entire paragraph is broken (taking spohr off-line,
or restricting access to the debbugs spool [oops], would be a "violation")
but it is at least clear that it has to do with bug reports publicly
submitted by Debian users, and not to information shared in confidence with
someone who is a Debian developer.

At this point, it should be clear that if you wish to use the Social
Contract to further your personal agenda, you should propose some
"editorial" changes.

--
 - mdz