Re: DRAFT for a GR proposal concerning the Sarge release

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 12:03:15AM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> After digging through most of the current "GR consequences" thread
> without seeing much of a consensus, I feel it might be necessary to
> apply democracy again. If I understood Anthony right, he almost asked
> for this :-) Since I do not think that this decision is appropriate
> for the tech ctte, I wrote up a draft for a GR proposal.

Maybe you should have deliberated with the release-management team. I
did.  There is one important caveat with this proposal. I'll contact you
privately about this: a GR is already in the make, hopefully providing a
sensefull roadmap to go forward. It's currently going through some
editorial changes right now ;), and will be posted here really soon now.

I think it's more productive to come up with a well-thoughtover,
well-supported GR, especially regarding the discussion that will surely
follow: I'd really like that to be a bit structured if possible.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl