Re: "Social Contract GR's Affect on sarge" or "Debian commits suicide"

* Hamish Moffatt (hamish@debian.org) [040427 01:10]:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 07:07:33PM +0100, Will Newton wrote:
> > I'm sure if the RM had replied to the proposal with:
> >
> > "In my opinion as the RM, voting X to this proposal will cause the following
> > results, including delay of sarge etc."
> >
> > It might have been more constructive than waiting for the proposal to pass.
> >
> > Yes or no?

> I don't think you can blame the RM because most developers failed to
> understand the effect. In fact 80% failed to show any interest at all
> (did not vote). 16% voted in favour. 4% voted against.
> Developers have to accept responsibility for their own (in)actions.

Well, I voted against, but not because I expected the changes to have
any impact on the release of sarge, but because I disliked the style
of the new text. So, it's even worse: More or less nobody except
Anthony saw the impact, and now we're stuck.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/