On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:14:18 +0200 (CEST), Xavier Roche <roche@httrack.com> said:

>> More than 50%
>> > voting participation with "Status of the non-free section", and
>> > only 20% with this one, which also has great consequences ?
>> > Weird, isn't it ?
>> I can't help apathy.

> This is NOT apathy. More than 50% of DD votes in the last pool, and
> only 20% in this one. This is not apathy, but a problem with the GR
> redaction.

	What critical information was deleteed in the redaction? The
 whole frigging text of the GR was sent out on every ballot. It was
 sent to the list all developers are supposed to read not once, but
 thrice. The RFD even contained a link to an annotated doff between
 the old and the new versions.

	How much time does it take to take the ballot and diff it
 against the web site, even if you do not have doc-debian installed?

	The GR has existed for four month now, and there was
 discussion about these changes at the time of the non-free GR.
 People who ignore the voting web page, the RFD mail, and the three
 CFV's which have the full text of the GR are nothing if not
 apathetic.

> But that's not a problem. Users (and beginners) will have much more
> troubles making their machine work, but who cares ? Oh, the social
> contract ?

	I am not interested in people who do not care about the social
 contract, really.

	manoj
--
Parkinson's Law: Work expands to fill the time alloted it.