Re: "Social Contract GR's Affect on sarge" or "Debian commits suicide"

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 07:07:33PM +0100, Will Newton wrote:
> I'm sure if the RM had replied to the proposal with:
>
> "In my opinion as the RM, voting X to this proposal will cause the following
> results, including delay of sarge etc."
>
> It might have been more constructive than waiting for the proposal to pass.
>
> Yes or no?

I don't think you can blame the RM because most developers failed to
understand the effect. In fact 80% failed to show any interest at all
(did not vote). 16% voted in favour. 4% voted against.
Developers have to accept responsibility for their own (in)actions.

Of course, titling these as "editorial changes" was a good trick,
contributing to 80% of developers being uninterested.

Hamish