Re: "Social Contract GR's Affect on sarge" or "Debian commits suicide"

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> I don't think you can blame the RM because most developers failed to
> understand the effect.
We can blame the RM for his (mis)interpretation, which is what *caused* the
"effect" (the proposal didn't).

> In fact 80% failed to show any interest at all
> (did not vote). 16% voted in favour. 4% voted against.
> Developers have to accept responsibility for their own (in)actions.
So does AJ.

> Of course, titling these as "editorial changes" was a good trick,
> contributing to 80% of developers being uninterested.

That's 'cause they *were* editorial changes.  Believing that they weren't
does not correspond with original intent, does not correspond with expert
opinion, and does not correspond with any known literal reading;
furthermore (unsurprisingly) it's a minority view.