Re: "Social Contract GR's Affect on sarge" or "Debian commits suicide"

On Monday 26 Apr 2004 23:59, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> I don't think you can blame the RM because most developers failed to
> understand the effect. In fact 80% failed to show any interest at all
> (did not vote). 16% voted in favour. 4% voted against.
> Developers have to accept responsibility for their own (in)actions.

I did not blame anyone for the low turnout. But it would seem to make more
sense to make a fuss at the point when something can actually be done about
the problem, rather than directly after.

> Of course, titling these as "editorial changes" was a good trick,
> contributing to 80% of developers being uninterested.

Agreed. I myself did not vote because after reading the proposal I did not
feel the changes were substantive. Obviously I'm wrong, but it's other
people's opinions that have made me wrong, which is something rather beyond
my control.