Re: Debian GNU/Linux Reference Card under construction

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 07:34:08PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> - About the GPL notice: There are four unofficial translations of the
>   GPL to Spanish in gnu.org, but no official translation. Should I
>   leave it then in English? I translated it as well as I could, but of
>   course, I don't want to be held responsable for a legal mistake

I am not a lawyer - if you really care, ask on -legal,
otherwise I leave it up to you.  Maybe you could leave
it in English for now, and translate it into Spanish
later?

> - In the 'Getting help' section:
>   + First entry: 'man' does not give 'online help' in the sense many
>     people understand it - Online is nowadays a synonim to 'in
>     Internet'. I suggest changing it to 'Read manual page...'

Funny.  $ man man
    man - an interface to the on-line reference manuals

How about:

Read manual for command, every command and many
configuration files have manual pages, man bash for
builtins.

>   + When mentioning README.Debian, 'contains specialties' sounds... At
>     best, ambiguous. Why not 'Debian-specific information'?

...odd, yes.  I wanted to keep it as short as possible.  I
will change that.

Cheers,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/