Re: Debian GNU/Linux Reference Card under construction

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 07:34:08PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Ummm... I am starting with the Spanish translation. I have a couple of
> questions so far:

> - About the GPL notice: There are four unofficial translations of the
>   GPL to Spanish in gnu.org, but no official translation. Should I
>   leave it then in English? I translated it as well as I could, but of
>   course, I don't want to be held responsable for a legal mistake

If it is present as the license under which the work is distributed, it
must be left untranslated.  AFAIK, the *only* official language of the
GPL is English, as it is very expensive to render a license text into
another language without losing legal nuances.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer