Hex Firmware in Kernel

Hi:

In light of recent discussion on this list, I have altered my plan
of action for this issue.

I will no longer remove any more files from the kernel before the
release of sarge.  However, any files that have been removed already
will not be restored.

Furthermore, any bugs filed on drivers containing hexadecimal firmware
will be closed or ignored should the submitter object to the closure.
In the latter case the bug will be ignored until after sarge has been
released.

Please do not send me any more patches implementing firmware loaders
unless they're for the drivers that have been removed already.  Such
patches should be forwarded upstream instead.

Thank you for your time.