Re: The political decision about non-free

John Hasler wrote:
> Daniel Ruoso writes:
> > 3 - The support for non-free file types (i.e. gif)
>
> I don't see why GIF stuff has to stay in non-free now that it is free in
> the US.  After all, we used to have non-us for stuff free outside the US:
> why can't we have non-eu?

as Carlos says .eu _currently_ does not have software patents. .jp and
some other countries _do_ have iirc. and the LZW patent expeires there
at the beginning of June or July (can't remember exactly..)

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73