etiquette of bothering other developers?

Hi!

I would like to have some instructions on the etiquette of
bothering other developers. I have a major problem
which should be solved by another (group of) developer(s).
I have choosen to send reminder emails in every two weeks.
Is it considered to be a courteous behaviour?
How much reminders to be sent until I take another step?
What should it be? Cry out publicly in debian-devel, and
*-announce (just kidding:)? Ask the leader to help resolve
the situation? Ask someone to lobby for me on IRC?

--
GNU GPL: csak tiszta forrásból