Re: [debian-devel] Re: The political decision about non-free

A levelezőm azt hiszi, hogy Theodore Ts'o a következőeket írta:
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 10:28:41PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> >
> > Go and read some EU patents before you make a statement about them. On
> > my laptop (which I do not have nearby ATM), there's a sticker made by
> > the FFII which contains the patent number of the EU patent on
> > _progress_bars_. If that is "complex" by your standards, I'd like to see
> > what you call "easy".
>
> Gee, and e2fsck uses progress bars.  Fortunately, I live in the U.S.  :-)

Do not be so happy, it is also patented in the U.S. And in the U.S.,
software patents are clearly more enforceable than in the EU, where
they are at least against at least some of the laws and international
treatys.

--
GNU GPL: csak tiszta forrásból