Re: Python or Perl for a Debian maintainance project?

Hi,

On Sun, 15.02.2004 at 21:43:23 +0100, Matthias Urlichs <smurf@smurf.noris.de> wrote:
> FWIW, and at the risk of starting a my-scripting-language-is-better-
> -than-yours argument:
>
> Python.
> [ reasoning clipped ]

well, I think that Python might be a good choice, as may be Perl.
Both are ok for me in their own way, but what real gain an exception
handling yields if the program logic requires different ways to handle
failures for each case where failure can happen, I'm not quite sure
yet...

BUT I'd like to not see Debian maintenance scripts written in a large
number of *different* languages since that would require more and more
language systems in the base system for no real gain, only for bloating
the base install/making it harder to fit on a CD/...

Best,
--Toni++