Re: w3m -> standard, lynx -> optional
* Panu Kalliokoski [Thu, Jan 29 2004, 12:02:51PM]:
> Because of this orientedness of links towards everyday users and w3m
Who is the "everyday user"? Do you mean newbies? I just installed elinks
just to test how it has been improved (in the default config) in the
last two years - and it has NOT imho.
- it is black-white by default
- you cannot see the links
- you MUST see the links because of the crappy key control model
Having TAB to jump between links is a MUST nowadays. Using Cursor
keys to jump and select is the worst idea that original lynx authors
- the mouse menu is not even as half useful as w3m's pendant, and works
only on links which are not clearly visible
- if you enter nothing or a bad url, you got a black screen. Very
- where is the help or config window? You complain about it in w3m, but
in Elinks I cannot even FIND IT? h, H, ? do not help.
Du hast abgenommen.
Letztesmal hat das Hemd noch mehr gespannt.
-- Christel Marquardt