Re: w3m -> standard, lynx -> optional

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 11:53:22AM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> > Because of this orientedness of links towards everyday users and w3m
> Who is the "everyday user"? Do you mean newbies? I just installed elinks

"everyday user" was meant to mean any user from newbie to experienced,
only excluding geeks, gurus and people who always want to do it "in the
best way possible"...  Anyway, your points about shortcomings of links
are accurate and they strengthen my feelings about links still being
rough around the egdes of the UI.

> just to test how it has been improved (in the default config) in the
> last two years - and it has NOT imho.

I could actually add a point on these: by default, links shows ISO-8859
characters as weird ligatures.  That's the first thing I have to
reconfigure when I start using links on some new account.

>  - where is the help or config window? You complain about it in w3m, but

"Complain"?  I said the translations are hilarious.  I didn't mean it
ironically, or negatively at all.

Panu

--
personal contact: atehwa@iki.fi, +35841 5323835